Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jobs etc...


Well, Christmas is hurtling towards us at rapid speed. It’s amazing how quickly the time has flown by.

I’ve been to a number of interviews up in London. I have basically decided that the job at the Western Gazette is not for me. It came down to two things:

1. Living out in the countryside is not for me at the moment - for obvious reasons. Not enough to do.
2. Money - I hate to say it, but getting paid £13,000 a year is nothing.

It’s a shame really because it’s a good job. I just got my second front page this week.

But I suppose you have to weigh up all the options.

The interviews I went for were for Public Relations companies based up in London. One was for a technology company and two were for Healthcare Companies. I’ve got another two interviews tomorrow.

Another weird thing - I seem to meet people who have been to Japan everywhere! At the newspaper, there’s one other girl here who lived in Gifu for two years. At another job interview I went to last week I meet someone who lived in Japan for two years through JET.

It’s quite cool though. It’s like an immediate bond that you have with that person. It may even help me to get the job!

But overall, things are going quite well now. Sorry about the rather downbeat last blog entry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you read my email Chubby?

dr

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, man. Just drank a few with Rob. Congrats on getting the job. Have a good one.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Linea said...

sooo, did you get a job in London.

the rumor mill is alive and well in Toyama, you're ears must be burning...

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home