Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Scootering adventure part 3

The countdown has begun. I only have eight working days left until school breaks up. EverydayI'm teaching a final lesson. I only actually have three more days of teaching. It's all going alarmingly quickly and very soon indeed I shall find myself out of Japan and somewhere else. The real world is a-knockin' at my door.

But there is one more treat in store. John and I are doing our final leg of our scooter trip. At the moment our scooters are (hopefully) sitting in a bike shed in front of Tsuruga station waiting for us. If they are there then John and I plan to scooter on down to Kyoto and beyond and fill our boots with as much scooter riding as possible. I think now it is fair to say that our original plan of scootering down to Kyushu is out of the question. It's just too far and there is too little time. Also it would mean driving through some pretty ominous tunnels alongside the Sea of Japan, that neither of us are pretty keen on.

If, in the likely event that they are not there then we have decided to just carry on down by train and maybe get a little bit of camping down in Shikoku. Make it more of a relaxing holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home