Monday, May 22, 2006

Good weather...

It's amazing what a bit of nice weather can do for you. Yesterday, I could open all the windows in my apartment and for the first time in ages enjoy the Toyama weather, rather than sheltering from it like a cold and miserable hermit.

I have since come to realise two things about my apartment:

1. In winter it is probably the worst apartment in the prefecture. It's cold of course. But what makes it even colder is that it's on the third floor of an apartment block and has three outside walls which are exposed to the howling wind. At night I would go to bed wearing my ski hat and most of my ski clothes. The upside was that it meant that at weekends, all I needed to do was to jump out of bed and I was ready for skiing!

It's also very big, so a bit of a bugger to heat.
2. In summer, however, it's a different story. I think it's undoubtably one of the best apartments in the prefecture (excluding the fact that from March onwards I seem to share it with a large family of mosquitos). From one window - the sea, from another the mountains, and from another the rest of Toyama.

Yes, I am smug.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew R. Loney said...

nothing wrong with a little smugness!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home