Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm back...

Well, have finally managed to get round to writing a blog entry having put it off for a week. Don't know why but just haven't really felt like writing anything.

So what's been happening in the exciting life of Mark 'I like my jam with toast' Seymour?

Went to Sri Lanka and just about did everything! I mean everything. We saw the temples, the beaches, a tea factory, more temples, dawn safari, elephant riding and bathing, some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen, a rock fortress and much, much more. We did this by driving around most of the central and western parts of the island.
I can't even begin to say just how beautiful Sri Lanka is. Driving on any of the roads you can't help but stare out of the window in case you miss anything. In a lot of ways I imagine its how Japan once looked long before the concrete started creeping across the landscape. This is amplified by the lack of tourists that were there, mainly down to the tsunami and fears about the escalation of Tamil Tiger terrorist activity.

The other thing that I really liked about Sri Lanka was that when people looked at you they smiled!! Sounds a bit stupid, but really miss that. I like it when you can look at a stranger and smile, rather than looking away and feeling awkward.



Pictures: (from top - The Buddha at Dambulla; me mum and dad on the beach at Bentota (Japanese kawaii hand signals included); fun with Champagne, a pineapple and coconut monkeys with Sophie and Callum; Brits abroad; Bentota sunset; Sophie on the train to Nuwara Eliya)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

it looks like an amazing trip!!! i want to see more pictures and hear more stories when you get the chance...keep posting!!!

glad you're back, we missed you!
k

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home