Monday, December 12, 2005

The invasion of the Santas...

So The Bad Santas played their first ever gig this weekend at Colare at the International Cooking workshop. Went down really well and listening back to the mp3 of the gig we actually sounded alright. However, at the time felt alittle let down. We had done quite a lot of practicing and then on the night it just sounded alittle weird. The main reason being that on stage the only thing that I could really hear were the drums and my guitar (which was loud because I was standing right next to the amp). So as the gig progressed I kept on trying to turn the guitar down as I thought it was also deafening to the audience. Turns out it wasn't, but wasn't to know that at the time.
But looking back on it, it was a good night - thoroughly enjoyable and deserved the copious amounts of beer afterwards.
Next up - the JET fesitival thingy in February. However, don't think that that we can get away with playing Christmas songs again! Any suggestions anyone?

Here's an mp3 of God rest ye merry Gentlemen. I think it was during this one that Lee's trousers started falling down: http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I76GVV89LGSA0OFDRAFDRYW4A

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I want the Bento Brothers live at JET Fest!!!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home