Monday, February 06, 2006

Exit planet Japan...

It's been a funny old week. I've spent most of it getting home and then working myself up to try and leave the apartment again after getting warmed up.

However, with each day that goes by, it's one day closer to the day that I leave Japan. I can't help but end up thinking about things like how many more enkais I will go to, how many ski trips before the snow melts and so on. Since handing in my notice my head has been in a different place as I formulate some sort of exit plan.

At the moment the list is as follows:
  • Get some sort of internment at the British Embassy in Tokyo for August
  • Live in a small apartment, which will quickly turn into a den of iniquity as Rob will be my fellow flat mate.
  • Return to the UK using any means of travel other than air. Whilst I'm here, might as well head back at a leisurely pace and see some things!
  • Enrol to do a masters in International Relations/get a job. It's got to be one or the other. Don't want to get back to the UK and find myself doing the same thing that I did before I came to Japan (namely working in a call centre).

So that's what's on my mind at the moment. If you see me looking alittle lost in thought, stressed or being generally difficult to get a long with, then it's becuase I'm thinking about one (or all) of the things above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home