Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sports day


Well sports day has now come and gone. It seems that my school's sports day is earlier then every other school because the following weekend there is the ALL JAPAN BEACH VOLLEY CHAMPIONSHIP!!! This is because Asahi is famous for the fact that it actually invented this game - beach volley (not beach volleyball - it basically involves hitting a beachball over the net in much the same way as ordinary volleyball). So if anyone want to see some of the stars of this sport come to Asahi next weekend and you be sure to see some of the big names of beach volley!?

Anyway, sports day went very well. Lots of processing, screaming and shouting, along with the mix of crazy games. Very enjoyable.

Apart that is from the teachers' race which was a bit of an embarressment for me. As I was sprinting along the track up against some of the students, I lost my footing and fell. I fell onto my front onto a gravel pitch and ended up getting a little mangled.

To be quite blunt there's a patch on my stomach which looks like yakiniku. The gravel on the skin is like sand paper so without being too graphic, it reminded me of some pizza after a quick sanding down. Hee hee. It hurt, but to honest with you I think my pride was more damaged than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home