Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Nursery School

The past few weeks I have been making regular visits to Nursery schools, round and about in Asahi. There are ten in total and over the course of two weeks, I will have visited all of them. They are all different sizes - some have only 10 students, whilst others are nearly 150; but the kids are exactly the same in all of them! Crazy!

What is so funny is that kids at this age are the same all over the world - there are the cheeky ones, the shy ones, the big ones, the small ones and the rather smelly ones. The only difference from, for example, the children I met in Botswana, is that there is a lot of ceremony before a lesson gets started. One of the things which also cracks me up, is a group of kids bowing simultaneously at the beginning and end of my "English" lessons (in actually fact, my classes are just an excuse to go crazy with the kids for about an hour). It's unbelieveably kawaiiiiiii and extremely funny. I wonder where else in the world this happens?

Here we are having a game of 'What time is it?' It's exactly the same as 'What's the time Mr. Wolf'. Always goes down well. Note Zander and Gail's monster impersonations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home